Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Introduction about Me!

Hello, my name is Kelly. I currently live in Santa Rosa, it is also where I was raised. I have worked as a Veterinary Assistant for about five years. After losing my own pet to cancer I decided that I no longer wanted to pursue a career in the Veterinary field. I weighed my options and decided that I would be a great Radiologic Technologist. I am working on getting my Associated Degree and applying to the Rad. Tech program at the J.C.
I am hoping to become a stronger writer after this course. I have never been much of a writer, it has always been difficult for me. Once I get a pen in my hand I can never find anything to say, or write. Maybe these freewrites will help me!! I always have the intentions of getting my work done early but it usually doesn’t work out that way! As long as I get my work done on time I am happy. I am happy to get this class started.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,
    Welcome to our class! I've had several students who've gotten into the Rad Tech program, and they seem to love it.

    I think the freewrites will help. "Writer's block" is sometimes the result of chosing a topic that's of little interest to you and a consequence of the fear that surrounds writing. Think of writing like any skill you need to learn; the more you do it, the better you become.
    Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, first off sorry to hear about your loss of your pet. I have a 4 year old pit bull/sher pei mix and he is my bud so I can only imagine. Second, great to hear about you trying to get into the Rad Tech program. I actually started at the JC doing my pre reqs for the same program but decided to get into the Police Academy. I may still apply to the program next year as I finished all the pre reqs if I dont get a police job. Anyway, nice to meet you and continue to reading more from you. Thanks, Preston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly,
    I have a close friend who is in the rad tech field. She loves her work and also went to through the program at the JC. The facility there is wonderful and I hear the instructors are the best. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kelly,

    I know what you mean about trying to get your work done earlier but it never works out that way I have the same problem but like you said as long as it gets done. I'm sorry to hear about your pet. Well good like on the Rad. Tech program.Rosio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly,

    I am sorry you lost your pet and your desire to follow veternary medicine. I know that must have been hard for you.

    I have the same problem with english and have avoided this class for 20 years. It is now one of the last hurdles for my two degrees. Hopefully we can both get though it and move forward.

    Good luck with the Radiologic Technologist studies.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so sad to hear about your pet. Something similar happend to my cat.
    I totaly know how you feel when you get a pen and a paper and cant thing about how to start or what to put on the paper so im with you on that and hope that the freewrite will help us on getting better on writing.
    Hope everyhting goes great for you this semester. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely feel the same way about writing. As soon as I actually try to focus I lose my thoughts, but other times it just hits and flows. It's good that you have a plan set out. I'm more so wingin' it. I get scrambled if I set goals. That should be an interesting career though. Good luck (:

    ReplyDelete